Benefits of using Bing Webmaster Tools for SEO
When I started my website, I set up an account with both Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools for SEO. The data reported in these platforms is crucial to the success of any website or online business. However, we all know that Google is the big boy when it comes to the search engines, right?
Because of this thinking, I mainly focused on the data generated in the Google Search Console. I know now that was a mistake, it was like leaving money on the table.
According to StatCounter’s July 2018 data, Google’s worldwide market share across all platforms (desktop, mobile, and tablets) is at 90.46% while Bing is 3.13%. Google and Bing are followed by Yahoo at 2.21%. That’s a combined 5.34% for Bing and Yahoo.
Although that number for Bing and Yahoo may seem extremely small when looking at the comparison to Google we need to keep in mind that this is a worldwide percentage.
Bing Webmaster Tools is like Google Search Console in that it provides information generated about your domains, but the reported information is how your site is interacting with Bing and Yahoo traffic.
So, what are the benefits of using Bing Webmaster tools for SEO? What kind of tools does Bing Webmaster Tools have?
Keyword Research Tool
Bing has its own keyword research tool on the Bing Webmaster Tool portal that is free if you have your domains registered on the platform. It’s a handy tool and very easy to use.
The keyword research tool allows you to enter up to 20 search phrases at once and you can sort them by language and location. This tool shows you the query volumes for each search. The results are housed for up to 6 months.
Optimize Page Content Bing SEO Analyzer Tool
Are you new to SEO? Don’t know where to start when it comes to optimizing your on-page content? Well, Bing’s SEO Analyzer tool is just what you need.
Bing’s SEO Analyzer has an on-demand crawler. You can enter your URL and it will generate a report from a list of SEO best practices and compare it against your web page. The SEO Analyzer will then pinpoint the necessary changes that need to be made for your page to be in line with these SEO practices.
You can use this tool on any domain that is Bing has a sitemap for. This is a very convenient and useful tool. Good search engine optimization is crucial to the success of your domains and websites.
Bing’s SEO Reports tool is very similar to the Bing SEO Analyzer tool except that it is not an on-domain tool. This tool automatically runs an SEO report every other week.
I have taken a screenshot to show you what this tool reports, however, I do not have any SEO issues at this time on my domain.
The search keywords tool is an awesome and informative feature. This tool lists the search terms from organic searches that brought up your articles. You can see the exact page generated by the search phrase, the rank of the article, the number of times it appeared and if it was clicked or not. The click-through rate is also supplied by this tool.
This is a lot of valuable information. Actually, this is information that some marketers pay for. Keywords are a crucial part of an online business and Bing provides tools that give you an in-depth look at how your keywords are driving traffic to your website with your targeted keywords.
My Final Thoughts
As you can see, Bing Webmaster Tools should not be overlooked as it has some great tools that can help you optimize your website for SEO. Although there is a relatively short list that I have here, there are a good deal of other diagnostics, reports, and security data that can be generated from Bing Webmaster Tools.
With this tool, you can block URL’s and more importantly see the traffic that your pages are getting on Bing and Yahoo. This does broaden your reach if you decide to make it a focus.
If you are ready to get started with Bing Webmaster Tools you can sign up and submit your sitemap at https://www.bing.com/webmaster. If you have any further questions, comments, or anything that you would like to add please leave a comment below.