In this post, I will be showing you how to promote affiliate products on your website. Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest types of marketing there is. Affiliate marketing is defined as a type of marketing where you earn commission or rewards for each customer or visitor that you bring to the merchant. In short, you promote a specific product and if the consumer purchases the product being promoted through one of your affiliate links, you get paid for it.
The products that you are paid to promote can be in the form of services or physical products. Depending on the affiliates’ program and the item being promoted, the amount of commission that you make on each sale can range from $1 – $1000.
Listed below are several methods that can be used to effectively promote your affiliate products.
- Featured Posts – Allow you to present a specific post on the front page of your blog, this will give the post more visibility. In WordPress, there is a feature that enables you to pin blog posts onto the home page so that it stays in the top position no matter what is posted afterward.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Techniques used to drive natural traffic to your website. This will eventually pay off because the more visitors you have the higher probability that the products you are promoting will convert.
- Blogging – Presenting helpful, informational content on your website about a specific topic or product is a great way to promote affiliate products on your site. You will first need to create a website, you can do this for free on the Wealthy Affiliate platform. You will also receive additional training on how to successfully promote affiliate products. Click here for my Wealthy Affiliate review; all the information that you need on Wealthy Affiliate is in my review.
- Social Media Campaigns – One of the most powerful tools that you can use online; pages can be created to solely promote products. You may also share and like the items being promoted. You can create accounts, ads, and groups to promote products. The sky is the limit really.
- Coupons, Loyalty Rewards, and Incentives – Offering your customers or visitors incentives when purchasing certain products is a great way to promote and sell items.
- Sidebar Banners – Advertisements located on the sidebar of a website or blog and have a high conversion rate. Be sure not to place banner ads with multiple similar products so as not to confuse your readers.
- Product Review Posts – Thorough analysis of products or product services provided by a specific company. Reviews usually include an overall rating, pros and cons, and features the topic. Don’t be afraid to tell all about the product – the good and the bad – that is why people look for reviews. Make sure you communicate in a conversational tone and your reviews are as honest.
- How-To Articles – If the affiliate products you are promoting need instructions on how to be used or has technical steps, a tutorial or step-by-step directive can be used. This article will include pictures and screenshots. How-to articles are very popular, especially for those that have problems with technology or for those that are not really computer literate.
- Join Ezine Articles – A state-of-the-art platform where you can share your articles and increase your exposure to hundreds of thousands of visitors. The articles submitted in this platform are shared to email newsletter publishers who are looking for new content to use. Membership is free, you can sign up at http://ezinearticles.com/.
In conclusion, ensure that when you are promoting the affiliate products that you are first introducing and familiarizing your audience with your products. Who has ever purchased a product that they knew nothing about? I know that I never have; I’m sure you haven’t either.
You can easily familiarize your audience with any product or service with an awesome product review. If you provide these reviews than your visitors will not have to go any further than your site to get all the information they need to proceed with the purchase.
Most importantly, to be successful with affiliate marketing you need to have an audience – or visitors – to present these products and services to; this is where your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) comes in.
You need to take whatever steps are necessary to get traffic to your website; SEO and on-page SEO are essential. That topic is its own post but without it nothing else is possible.
Be sure to encompass the sidebar banners and how-to articles; they really convert very well.
Promote your site and products wherever you can; use multiple social media platforms, Ezine articles, and any other form of publicity that can bring traffic to your site, and ultimately affiliate sales.
This will conclude this article for now. I hope you have benefited and learned how to promote your affiliate products on your blog or website. If you have any further questions, comments, or feedback please be sure to ask below. I will be more than happy to help. Happy marketing!