SEO Tips for 2019
To stay on top of your game, you need to be thinking about your search engine optimization strategies in advance. You should familiarize yourself with upcoming trends and make an action plan. For you to do this I have compiled a few SEO tips for 2019 for you to follow.
Throughout the year, Google has released its mobile and speed related efforts. Because of this, in the following years, you can expect their SEO to go in this direction. There are also “non-Google” strategies that we should be using for our SEO campaigns that will affect how we construct them. Let ’s explore the direction that SEO will be going in for 2019.
Since March 2018 Google has been using mobile-first indexing which is where the mobile version of your post or page is used for indexing and ranking. You may remember receiving a notification from Google about this earlier in the year.
Mobile-first indexing is not to be confused with mobile-only, our pages and posts are still indexed individually with desktop and mobile versions. Since Google started migrating website’s back in March 2018, all migrations are not yet completed. However, when all migrations are completed rankings will be mobile-first so you better be focusing on your site’s mobile-friendliness.
If your site is not yet mobile friendly, get your plan in motion. You can start out with:
- Any mobile version category will do. You will want to start using a responsive site before the mobile-first launch. Google strongly recommends against m-dot and responsive for a similar page, as it confuses crawlers.
- If you have access to a mobile bot, for example, Website Auditor by SEO PowerSuite can help you understand how the process of how search engine spiders crawl your web pages. SEO PowerSuite is a tool that helps you boost your web performance and SEO. I have a review you can check out for a detail of SEO PowerSuite benefits.
- Since your website’s mobile speed is crucial to your rankings, you need to be monitoring your site speed regularly and if necessary, adjust increase it. Google provides an awesome free tool, PageSpeed Insights, for you to do this.
- Your website’s performance is imperative for a great user experience on your site. You should be monitoring your site to be sure that its mobile performance is up to par. You can track your website’s performance easily with SEO PowerSuite’s Website Auditor.
Since Google is obsessed with delivering the best user experience is no surprise that they made desktop page loading time a ranking factor. Combined with mobile page speed which was rolled out in July 2018, we need to make sure our pages are loading to get that number 1 Google spot we all want.
Knowing how critical this change is we need to understand which metrics are being evaluated by Google for your page speed.
It seems that the optimization score weighs heavily on your ranking and is totally within your control to fix. As for now, Google still is testing the newly introduced speed score, your site can be slow and still rank high in the SERPs.
Brands Used for Ranking
Google has 2 ways that they use online brand mentions in their search algorithm as a ranking signal these are:
- Analyzing the properties mentioning your brand and their authority in that specific field
- Google analyzes context such as reputation, trust, complaint solving, advertising, etc.
Google has search quality guidelines that include reputation as a ranking factor. Your brand’s reputation will have an impact on how you rank, Google will be able to tell brand’s that are doing things the right way from those that are not.
I have put together a few tips for you so here goes:
- Backlinks have been and still are a strong ranking factor, however, building them the right way can be a long process. When you’re online, try mentioning your brand whenever you have a relevant opportunity.
- Try resolving your customer’s pain points with your brand. Engage with your happy customers, show them that they are appreciated. This will go a long way for your reputation.
- Search for influencers that are willing to talk about you in their circles, even though they don’t know who you are yet.
- Check out your competition. Evaluate your competitors brand mentions looking for how awareness grows for their brand. Dig deep into your own SEO focusing on your strengths and weaknesses in comparison to your competition.
My Final Thoughts
These SEO tips for 2019 that I discussed above are going to be just a few that will matter most throughout the year. You want to be sure that your website or domain is optimized for the mobile-first indexing and page speed. Also be sure that you are representing your brand in the best way possible.
Monitoring these things is made a lot easier if you are using tools like SEO PowerSuite. I am almost certain that there going to be more updates and changes to SEO rules in 2019 but you can start by using some of the tips that I have provided for you in this article. If you have any SEO updates that you would like to add please leave them in a comment.